The Mission of the High and Dry Bluegrass Festival
HADBF '09Participation on stage is encouraged for all ages.
HADBF '08Workshops for guitar, mandolin, banjo, bass, vocals, harmonica and fiddle are all a part of the High and Dry Bluegrass Festival experience.
HADBF '09During the High and Dry Bluegrass Festival informal jamming is enjoyed by pickers and non-pickers alike.
The Intent and Mission of the High and Dry Bluegrass Festival are expressed in the following points:
- To promote, preserve and perpetuate bluegrass and other participative acoustic music.
- To provide a low cost weekend of entertainment for families while exposing kids and young people to bluegrass and other acoustic music.
- To provide music learning experiences through workshops, informal training and jamming.
- To provide a venue for local bands to play before a live audience to gain experience and develop their skills.
- To support year round music education opportunities for children and adults.
- To develop the acoustic music community of Central Oregon.
This mission statement is not limited to the High and Dry Bluegrass Festival , but a continuing effort throughout the year to provide opportunities, workshops and house concerts maintaining the on-going commitment to this philosophy.